In this episode of Catholic Answers Live (March 30, 2017, 1st hour), Jimmy answers the following questions:
00:12 What “polymath” and “autodidact” mean
03:35 How to respond to the claim that Peter isn’t the rock in Matt. 16.18 because Paul says no one can lay a foundation other than Christ
06:35 How to reconcile free will with John’s 6.44’s statement that no one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him
14:48 If a Catholic marries an unbaptized person, is the marriage valid?
17:30 If we’re supposed to bury cremated remains, why are saints’ relics put on display?
22:10 If one can use contraception to control hormones, why can’t you use them for contraceptive purposes?
28:15 How to explain to Protestants that at Christian can lose salvation
35:55 How does the Catholic Church explain the veneration of saints who were not in communion with the Church when they died?
42:25 How to evangelize someone who is ambivalent toward God and says they’re totally happy
46:30 How to defend the use of gendered pronouns to someone who is not Christian
51:40 How to dispose of remains after a miscarriage
Also, don’t miss our new mini-show, Catholic Answers MORE!
In this episode of Catholic Answers More (March 30, 2017), Cy and Jimmy do a relaxed, pre-show in which they:
* Explain what Catholic Answers More is
* Say hello to people watching and commenting
* Talk about heresies and which is Jimmy’s “favorite”
* Who Marcion was
* Why Pope Benedict resigned
* Whether the pope gets to order whatever kind of food he wants
* What kind of secular authority the pope has (can he order a Catholic president to do something?)
* What was the name of the Animaniacs’ pet fish?