In this episode of Catholic Answers Live (March 2, 2017), Jimmy answers the following questions:
- What’s the difference between God’s foreknowledge of our salvation and being predestined for salvation? Is it possible to desire and seek salvation, but not earn it because you are not predestined?
- Why is it that the Rite of Blessing of holy water is not done at every Mass before the penitential rite? Would it be allowed for a U.S. priest to celebrate the Ambrosian or the Mozarabic rite in order to give Italian and Spanish Catholics a taste of home?
- Why aren’t there women priests?
- My friends asked me to explain what Lent is. I wasn’t sure what to say. How should I have answered them?
- Is it correct to say we are not only declared righteous, as in a courtroom, but also made righteous by God’s grace?
- My friends have been praying to have a child for a couple of years. They are beginning to despair. Do you have any advice as far saints to pray for intercessions or ways I can pray with them?
- How can I explain the Trinity to someone who says it is not biblical and that the verse in Matthew 28 was added by the Catholic Church?
- I am Evangelical and have been considering converting. As I listen to all these talks on the radio and evaluate, I’m surprised that many on Catholic radio are not priests. Can I really rely on the answers I hear and to know they are representing the true Catholic position? I want to be sure I have the correct information to base my decision to convert.
- Do we know how Mary’s name was pronounced in her native tongue?