This is a post linking to pieces that are part of an ongoing series I’m working on about the “dark passages” of Scripture–passages that tend to take modern readers aback (for example, because of the violence contained in them).
Here I’ll link to the individual posts in the series at their current locations. That will make it easier for me to link each one of those posts individually back to this one to provide a continually-updated post to help people find what they’re looking for.
Here are what I’ve written so far:
- Pope Benedict on the “dark passages” of Scripture
- The Principle of Voice
- Does God Approve of Rape?
- Does God Expect Women to Marry Their Rapists?
- Is It Okay to Force a Woman You’ve Captured to Marry You?
- Was it okay for Jacob to lie to his father, Isaac?
- The Biblical Hero Who . . . Killed His Daughter???
- MORE TO COME!