Election novena

by SDG

in Uncategorized

I agree with Mark Shea in echoing Fr. John Corapi’s call for nine days of prayer, from Monday, October 27 through Tuesday, November 4.

If you’d like a set prayer for the novena, Fr. Corapi has one for you.

I would also humbly recommend fasting, and the rosary.

Note: Please, for this one post, absolutely no electioneering, partisan or otherwise divisive comments in the combox. Thank you!

Chad Myers October 26, 2008 at 7:04 pm

The homily today at TLM in our area was great about this: November 4 is just November 4. In the future, you may be called to speak the truth more loudly and suffer more to the Glory of God. How is this different from any other day?
If anything, if {The Other Candidate} (where {The Other Candidate} is McCain or Obama) wins, it will give you an opportunity and motivation to speak out more loudly for the Truth and the Church.

Dan Hunter October 26, 2008 at 8:16 pm

SDG,
Thank you.
Excellent call for a novena and fasting.
Also, maybe giving up the internet for that nine day period will go a long way to bending the Almightys Ear to hearing our prayers that we get a pro-life Executive.
It will be hard for many of us but as of tomorrow I will only use my computer to check e-mails.
Deo Gratias.

J.R. Stoodley October 26, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Excelent idea. I know there are some particular election novenas floating around, but the Rosary said with the intention of the election may be more “powerful.”
Of course, whoever wins the plan of God is at work. We can have trust in Him, no matter what happens. Not that the more evil candidate won’t be elected or that any given evil will stop as a result of the election, but there’s a larger plan and God’s in charge of it.
That’s not to say also that prayer can’t change the outcome of this. It’s probably in that plan of God to do certain things (the Battle of Lepanto that Fr. Corapi mentioned may well be an example) because of the prayers of the faithful.

BillyHW October 26, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Note: Please, for this one post, absolutely no electioneering, partisan or otherwise divisive comments in the combox. Thank you.
Great taste!

Dave Mueller October 27, 2008 at 7:50 am

I agree…there’s not much more to be said or done on the human plane. The intercession of Our Lady and a draught of grace from Heaven is about the only thing that can save us now.
I’ll take a miracle of Red Sea parting proportions and see Chuck Baldwin get elected, or a miracle of Battle of Lepanto proportions that sees John McCain get elected. Anything but Moloch Obama, please, Lord!!!

SDG October 27, 2008 at 8:00 am

I agree…there’s not much more to be said or done on the human plane.

Oh, I have more to say. :-) Just not in this combox.

Kathy October 27, 2008 at 8:36 am

Let’s not forget to beg for the intercession of the millions of souls of aborted babies. Surely their prayers together will be very powerful.

Ernesto October 27, 2008 at 9:03 am

Please consider posting this video and passing it along, it’s amazing. It’s great at showing the distinction between MaCain and Obama in regards to the abortion issue. Please pass this along to everyone you know. We have to get McCain elected… E
“Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.”
Ronald Reagan

SDG October 27, 2008 at 9:18 am

Ernesto, this content is not appropriate for this combox. Please use one of the other election comboxes. Thank you.

Marty Helgesen October 27, 2008 at 12:58 pm

People praying this novena will have their rosaries in their hands, so they could easily add a Divine Mercy Chaplet.

JoAnna October 27, 2008 at 1:21 pm

My husband and I began this novena today.

Anita Moore OPL October 27, 2008 at 3:39 pm

How about the Dominican Litany of the Saints? They say, “Beware the litanies of the Dominicans”…

David L. October 27, 2008 at 3:54 pm

I love Father Corapi and this is a wonderful thing to do!

Mary October 27, 2008 at 6:28 pm

I am saying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

David B. October 28, 2008 at 12:02 pm

SDG,
I know of a good prayer called “an election prayer to Mary,” distributed by a priest I know of. I could e-mail it to you for your posting consideration.

SDG October 28, 2008 at 12:34 pm

David B, you can post it here, or if you want to write to me privately use the Decent Films contact form.

Z October 28, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Oh, I still have plenty to say as well…in the ballot box.

Krishna J Khemraj October 29, 2008 at 8:01 am

Fr Corapi just posted three youtube videos on voting Catholic. Great video link to pass on to those who are undecided.

Rotten Orange October 30, 2008 at 9:35 am

While praying the rosary novena, I think we all could also sign this petition, which has been circulating on Catholic blogs around the world.
Perhaps SDG could consider addressing the issue with a dedicated post, if he thinks it’s worth.

Rotten Orange October 30, 2008 at 9:39 am

I had forgotten the red order. I hope the comment above doesn’t violate it.

David B. October 31, 2008 at 10:53 am

SDG,
I sent the prayer on over to your DF contact page. Peace.

Quasar November 1, 2008 at 4:09 pm

[DELETED]

bill912 November 1, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Another intellectual giant!
(Is this really all it takes to get this guy’s goat?)

Roman Crusader November 1, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Quasar drank too much of that liberalism koolaid