Chupacabra Spotted in Maine?

by SDG

in Curios & Humor

Mainemutant
A story at Breitbart.com tells of a mysterious "mutant-hybrid" animal found dead in Maine, apparently the victim of a passing vehicle (that is, road kill).

"Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation. "

In the story, it is described as "evil-looking", like "something out of a Stephen King story", and having "a horrible stench" even while alive.

I couldn’t help but think of that scene from Close Encounters where all these concerned citizens are trying to convince their local officials about the seriousness of these strange UFO sightings, when this guy stands up and says "I saw Bigfoot once. 1951 back in Sequoia National Park. Had a foot on him thirty-seven inches heel to toe. It made a sound I would not want to hear twice in my life.".

GET THE CHILLING STORY!

GET JIMMY’S ORIGINAL CHUPACABRA POST!

JIMMY ADDS: Here’s a whole-body shot of the creature:
Mutant_hybrid

IA_ August 18, 2006 at 6:17 am

Looks like a dog to me, and it doesn’t look big enough to be responsible for the mauling of other dogs.

Jeff August 18, 2006 at 6:44 am

I agree, looks like a dog. Nothing “mysterious” here. As far as the stench, I have smelled some pretty rank dogs before.

franksta August 18, 2006 at 6:50 am

Ooh, learned a new word: “cryptozoologist”.
Can you eat chupacabras on Fridays?

'thann August 18, 2006 at 7:33 am

Definitely looks like a dog — perhaps a Newfoundland mixed with a lab, which would make it a large dog.

The Western Confucian August 18, 2006 at 8:11 am

My thoughts exactly: this was el chupacabras/em>.

AlGore August 18, 2006 at 8:11 am

Definetly not from this planet.
Definetly a mutant Man-Bear-Pig.
Watch out America and dont let it be said
no one told you!

StubbleSpark August 18, 2006 at 8:33 am

In the original Chupacabra story, the animal also smelled foul and had longish fangs. But the original had long ears, and brittle necrid skin and this one looks like it has short ears.

Gene Branaman August 18, 2006 at 9:03 am

Itallicus Expelliarmus!

Gene Branaman August 18, 2006 at 9:03 am

OK, let’s try that again.

Gene Branaman August 18, 2006 at 9:04 am

Um . . . that’s strange.

Ed Peters August 18, 2006 at 9:21 am

You know,the Escondido Beast might have looked something like this, sortof. The Tamarack Beast is larger, kindof, and is sort of darkish-lightish, in a way. Not counting the albino groundog under the pine tree, of which photos exist. Somewhere.

Ed Peters August 18, 2006 at 9:22 am

Gee, I always wondered how you guys did italics, and now i don’t know how it did it.

MenTaLguY August 18, 2006 at 9:28 am

Right … just let me … there we go.

MenTaLguY August 18, 2006 at 9:33 am

It’s a shame typepad doesn’t seem to do even basic HTML sanitization — someone malice-minded could do a lot more damage than simply spreading rogue emphasis.

MenTaLguY August 18, 2006 at 9:39 am

(For those wondering what had transpired — The Western Confucian’s post contained an <em> whose closing </em> got mangled. Gene’s attempts to close it by inserting </i> were fruitless, since despite having a similar visual effect, <i> and <em> are distinct tags.)

Tim J. August 18, 2006 at 9:41 am

Honestly, I thought the animal looked pretty much like a dog, too, but why deny these folks their local legend?
Heck, they could make a yearly festival out of something like this… t-shirts, corn dog booths, a parade, maybe a ferris wheel, the whole nine yards…

'thann August 18, 2006 at 9:47 am

Since we’re on the topic (OFF the topic?) how do you do italics? Is it standard HTML, or BBS, or something else?
testing italics in html
Well that worked.
‘thann

'thann August 18, 2006 at 9:50 am

Oh, yes, and regarding the original topic, Tim J, they could serve Chupacabra Ears instead of Elephant Ears!
‘thann

MenTaLguY August 18, 2006 at 9:52 am

Oh, there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation here. The corpse of this unfortunate dog displays the symptoms of having been infected by an alien parasite — the Chupacabra. Oddly, our alien friend seems to have vacated its host early, before the latter shed all its fur and developed the characteristic brittle, necrid skin (a process normally taking weeks). Perhaps it discovered a more desirable host.
Has the driver of the vehicle been accounted for?

Puzzled August 18, 2006 at 10:25 am

Check out the Cryptomundo website. It was immediatly tagged as a chow.
A dog.

Rosemarie August 18, 2006 at 11:08 am

+J.M.J+
Definitely looks like a dog to me.
In Jesu et Maria,

Augustine August 18, 2006 at 11:28 am

Fido!!!!!!! I was wondering where he went! :’(

Gene Branaman August 18, 2006 at 12:05 pm

Thanks, MenTaLguY, I was unaware of the em HTML tag until today. I have a very basic & limited knowledge of it. What I’d like to know how to do is make a word a link to an article I’m referencing. I know there’s a href in there somewhere but I’m lost about the rest. I’ve Googled it but all the websites I find assume more HTML knowledge than I have.
And, Ed, I think I went to high school with the “Escondido Beast” – but I could be wrong.
Back OT . . . I thought it looked like a Chow but I couldn’t see it’s tongue. They’re usually purple, aren’t they? Or is that a canine myth?

Christian August 18, 2006 at 12:07 pm

Reminds of The Sheep Child:
“Say….I have heard tell
That in a museum in Atlanta
Way back in a corner somewhere
There’s this thing that’s only half
Sheep….like a woolly baby
Pickled in alcohol…because
Those things can’t live…”

Trish August 18, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Oh — poor puppy.

'thann August 18, 2006 at 12:46 pm

Here’s a picture of a black chow with a bluish/purplish tongue.

Anonymous August 18, 2006 at 3:42 pm

Think it was VERY slow news day for AP to try to sucker the rubes into thinking that it’s not a dog, or perhaps they’re just seeing how far they can push the envelope?

MenTaLguY August 18, 2006 at 4:19 pm

Gene: well, at the risk of wandering even further offtopic, here’s an example:

I like to read <a href=”htp://www.jimmyakin.org/”>Jimmy Akin’s</a> blog.

…which renders thusly:

I like to read Jimmy Akin’s blog.

Mark August 18, 2006 at 4:33 pm

The purple tinge – which is, really, the only unusual thing – in the photograph is obviously a Photoshop effect. You can tell by the way adjusting the hue has caused the green grass to have a sickly, unnatural look. Return the hue to its natural color and you have…a dog.
Perhaps this photograph was sent in by a Reuters stringer from the Middle East!

Brent Robbins August 18, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Looks like this thing is a cross breed of a Pekinese and a wolf

Dr. Eric August 18, 2006 at 7:31 pm

Isn’t that the R.O.U.S.?

J.R. Stoodley August 18, 2006 at 10:19 pm

Trish stole my comment. Poor puppy.
Still, this could be an interesting story. There seems to be something fox-like about the creature to me. A mutant fox? A new species? A newly discovered North American canine species would be news indeed. I just hope it isn’t extinct now if that is the case.
No doubt they will examine its genetics to find out what precisely it is.

J.R. Stoodley August 18, 2006 at 10:32 pm

After reading the artical linked to, I hope they can get a sample from the bones that are left. To bad no one took the carcas into their homes.
I was confused by the artical though. Was it the previous mysterious canine that turned out to be a wolf-dog hybrid or this creature?
The stench thing confuses me. Maybe it had a kill nearby, or maybe it had been eating carion, which made it stinky. The strange cry could just be the unusial sounds you would expect an unusial hybrid to make.
Then again, maybe there is something strang happening. Recently my family have been hearing the strangest crys coming from the woods that surround our house. It terrifies our cats and chills my blood a bit too. It sounds to me like a cross between a screaming cat and a snarling wolf, and once it repeated three times in an identical manner. I’ve never heard anything like it.

ukok August 19, 2006 at 7:07 am

Just looks like a really ugly dog if you ask me…and it still looks like a really ugly dog if you don’t ask me…

Shibboleth August 20, 2006 at 12:13 am

Maw, you were right Ol’ Yeller got a bad case of the uglies. We just can’t go on touchin him with 10ft poles. I’ll go out by the shed and put him out of his misery.

Sailorette August 20, 2006 at 4:27 am

JR- it was the previous creature that someone remembered seeing that was a wolf/dog hybrid.
Y’know, I grew up around several wolf/dog hybrids (two were half husky, one was unknown) a half-dingo (supposedly, not genetically tested) and my folks have been trying to minimize the ill effects of dog/coyote crosses (real, nasty, but do less damage than the “house pet that is ALWAYS tied up in the back, couldn’t have been him that attacked your calves” type dogs.)
None of those dogs look like that thing, although I suppose an ugly chow/chow mix with blue eyes would look like that if it’d been dead a while.

cminor August 20, 2006 at 12:13 pm

The article says 40-50 lb which I think would be about Chow size. A bit small to be pulling down Rotties if you ask me, but who knows, maybe there’s a pack of ‘em. The snout’s odd for a chow, so it’s probably a cross. Could be with coyote. Maybe with a small Nordic breed–some of them have blue eyes. I have a boxer/nordic or chow/shepherd cross that is about this size, stocky, and has a roughly conical snoot shorter than a shepherd or husky’s but not smooshed like a boxer or chow’s. She’s much prettier than this specimen, of course–but so is anything that hasn’t been bloating on the roadside for a couple of days.
As for the original chupacabras, aren’t there hairless breeds in Mexico and Central America? I think we’re looking at natural selection in ferals here.:-)
So–isn’t this what DNA analysis is for? Why don’t the photographers of these critters ever turn them over to the Forestry Department or Animal Control or somebody like that?

cory August 20, 2006 at 5:47 pm

Ok now i live in maine just south of turner and i heard alllll about this story and having just seen the photo, i mean are you kidding me…its a f&*)Ck!ng dog! chupacabra, HAH!

Some Day August 20, 2006 at 6:26 pm

Maledictio Dei omnipotentis…

Rhys August 20, 2006 at 8:18 pm

It’s obviously a visitor from the planet Caninus-Prime from the Dogstar system.

Brian John Schuettler August 21, 2006 at 11:46 am

I’ve had one of those fellows on my property for twenty years now. Well, I guess that finally explains the smell! Oh yeah, they are a hell of a lot scarier alive.
P.S. They are partial to grasshoppers and large frogs.

broken hearted child August 22, 2006 at 12:21 am

dude…thats my dog..who killed him…his name is buddy…omg..my dog…i’ve been looking for him for a week..noo..my dog!!! i loved buddy..with all of my heart…he was my best friend…then he ran away…and now hes being labeled as a monster…no..hes not a monster…hes my friend…my companion…why would you think such a thing…and of course hes goiong to chase a cat…dogs dont like cats right..am i right…noooooooo buddy….why..why do you cruel people have to say this about my dog…i hope you guys are happy for breaking a kids heart..i dont know how i going to recover from this…maybe some therapy would do it!!! i looovee you buddy…now your in a better home…dog heaven…

Karen August 22, 2006 at 1:03 am

It does look like maybe a chow or chow mix that got its hair clipped short for the summer heat wave.
I’ve got friends who get their Persian cats shaved down for hot weather.
I’d guess that the shorter hair is throwing people off from identifying it.

Peggy August 23, 2006 at 2:46 pm

looks like a dog to me…

John Bon August 26, 2006 at 4:50 pm

It is for sure a chupacabra…I’ve seen those before…watch out Maine!

Anonymous March 4, 2007 at 12:26 pm

funky

Tegan March 26, 2007 at 6:18 am

When I only saw the head picture and read the story I imediately thought of the chupacabra..but with the body…I’m not sure.. It looks almost fox like but I still dont think its a dog…Look at its face closely..

duckrock1 March 26, 2007 at 10:32 am

it is only a dog get over it

Ran April 5, 2007 at 8:51 am

its a dog damnit….people get over it…that poor kid lost his buddy and now you are making fun of it….DAMNIT I”M FROM SD AND I KNOW WHAT A FRICKEN DOG LOOKS LIKE get a life all of you out there with those darn toy poodles learn what a real dog looks like….ocasionally they chase cats they aren’t contaminated like all u vegeatarian scum and animal rights activists and stray dogs gotta eat to….they have feelings too ya know don’t call them chupacabras that just hurts and is dumb…..GROW UP!!! u know what U R THE CHUPACABRA….

Mainer April 13, 2007 at 9:34 am

This is just a mixed dog. I live in maine, and they figured out that this was just a mutant dog. There is no proof that this is mauled the other dogs. So therefore. It’s just a stray dog.

jingxingshi May 5, 2007 at 9:48 pm

It’s a dog…

idk May 10, 2007 at 9:50 pm

it’s a dog…even a child could tell..

aaa May 16, 2007 at 8:32 am

its a dog

moonwolf888 May 22, 2007 at 8:06 am

it might sound odd but it’s kinda pretty in a way….that somthing this extrodnary has evolved…..i wouldn’t say it’s a Chupacabra, but it’s definatly a hybrid, maybe a dog, with a wolf….what ever it is, it deserves a moment of silence frm all of us!!!!THE WONDERS OF NATURE CONTINUE TO BAFFLE!!!!

Anonymous June 8, 2007 at 1:20 pm

This actually kinda looks like a hybrid between a dog and a cat. It’s got the looks of a cat and a dog in its face.

julie truman June 16, 2007 at 4:51 pm

alright this has gone way to far. ok it is not some kind of crazy animal its half huskey an half some small dog that i dont no the name. how do i no this i just do. the tail he gets from the huskey. the body is both really small dog an huskey put together. thank you for your time have a nice day.
Julie from maine

Anonymous June 20, 2007 at 5:35 am

wow,i did not know people would go this far just to get on the telavision!!that looks like a poor dog who was tortured,and just plainly maked over…!!!!

Anonymous June 25, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Dog and cat Hybrid??? Gimme a break! And why would they say that this poor animal is responsible for the deaths of other dogs? That is so cruel! I agree with Julie

Robert Lee Freels Jr. July 1, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Hello, My name is Robert and I have to say that the strange creature that walked umong us in the picture above is not a chupacabra, its the result of a cat and a dog trust me. I have seen the chupacabra 4 times and I know it lives in Mexico. I will catch the chupacabra. I have already caught bigfoot 6 times. Hes a really nice creature. He came over my house and I gave him some ice tea. I even had him spend the night. The next morning my mom said he had to leave because I had to clean my room, so I told him to wait outside. When I went out there he was eating my pet rabbit but I didn’t care because Murphy was old anyways. Me,bigfoot and my dad played football together but bigfoot caught the ball and my dad tackled him so bigfoot broke my dads neck.That was the last time I ever saw bigfoot. Heres some advice on how to catch bigfoot,set out a bear trap and some sandwiches. good luck. I gotta go.

cat July 4, 2007 at 5:56 pm

it is a dog people, just an odd one.

Michael Jackson July 5, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Its a fucking dog u moron!!!

Bigg Bill Senior July 6, 2007 at 10:37 am

My name is Bigg Bill and i agree with what Robert Lee Freels Jr. says about the chupacabra being in mexico because i have a friend that went to mexico his name was Jose Saldona and he says that the chupacabra hangs out with a bunch of beaners.The guy at the top with the cowboy hat doesn’t know shit and he looks like a faggot.If the chupacabra messes with bigfoot my friends the Turnbull AC’s(Skinheads) will beat the shit out of the chupacabra with 2/4′s So take that shit faggot.feel free to place a comment about me and robert lee freels jr thanks.

kyle Davis July 6, 2007 at 9:39 pm

That Robert Lee Freels sounds like a faggot. Its a dog.

Mark Jenkins July 7, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Thats just a dog. Back in 57′ when I was abducted by aliens I saw the real chupacabra. His name is kajunga. its a mixture of a kangaroo, a fish and a human. P.S. AC/DC RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Rosco July 9, 2007 at 6:54 am

Looks like a….HAGGIS! Very rare and dangerous, Normally found in the Highlands of scotland mind you! Och aye the noo!

maddison July 13, 2007 at 2:36 pm

this looks like a dog and a chupacabra is supposed to look like a person that had been put through a fire and it has long claws and ears it’s supposed to have wings and look to horribly hittious to look at

Robert danscerio July 28, 2007 at 10:24 pm

well this “Monster” seems to be no where close to being related to the real thing which was normaly told to be 8ft tall with 3 inch fangs and breaths a foul smell wich would knock asleep children carring for sheep then it would hide its odor from other animals by inhaling through its skin as to keep other predators unaware.im 15 for more facts of the real “Cupacabra” write me at boattop20022000@yahoo.com i have other facts on other mysteries such as BF(Big Foot) and big foot has only one big foot if so why do people have a pair of Big “FEET”?

Jos September 1, 2007 at 1:17 am

Those eyes are ghastly, very creepy face to say the least, almost… human?

Anonymous September 1, 2007 at 9:12 am

it looks like a dog to me or a puppy poor thing

flora68 September 1, 2007 at 10:00 am

Sorry, that dog won’t hunt. Not just because it’s dead, but because it’s furry. VERY furry. I don’t know what you’ve got there, maybe a wolf-dog hybrid or maybe something truly weird, but it’s NOT a chupacabra.
Chupcabras, or at least the critters alleged to be chupacabras that have been photographed repeatedly here in Texas, are hairless. They have a longer, narrower snout than the critter in your picture, and a creepy overbite and fangs not exactly like any other canids. And instead of fuzzy fur, they’re covered with unpleasant-looking grey-blue skin which according to a family of (sane, sober) witnesses, literally starts falling apart almost at the moment of death.
I’m convinced we’ve actually got some here in Texas (Cuero, Lufkin, and Elmendorf among other sightings) and they’re legend in Mexico.
I’m sorry the news articles on the “Elmendorf Beast” that was killed in Texas in 2004 are no longer on the web, but here’s a link with pictures of it, so you can see how much it does NOT resemble the unfortunate pup in the picture above.
And another link, to the current crypto-phenom in Cuero, Texas. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgIXOzgj5X8SCBnCesj3lr62Yczw
This time DNA testing is being done on the Cuero Chupa, at two respected institutions, so we ought to get some answers.

Nereida September 1, 2007 at 4:52 pm

That is so not a chupacabra. Thats is a dog.

Maria September 1, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Well personally speaking from being very familair with many dog breeds this looks like a cross between a corgi (hence the relatively short legs) and a chow chow given the body size and shape and the coat. If you look in an AKC breed book at both breeds and identify with certain characteristics of both breeds it is very possible. Bottom line it was probly someones pet that they lost while on vacation in Maine. It happens too often. Hungry domestic pets will eventually turn to killing chickens etc. to survive depending on the breed. Chows can be somewhat aggressive and Corgis are a herding breed and can really move despite the short legs.

Annmarie September 1, 2007 at 5:54 pm

NOT all there are ya son? Haven’t you ever seen what a good hit and a few days in the sun can do to something dead. It looks like a normal run of the mill dog that was hit pretty hard. I once saw a cat that was hit so hard in the head it’s eyes popped out, but I didn’t call ACME. anyway if that a deamon dog I’d like one for a pet.

Erin September 1, 2007 at 6:49 pm

It’s a dog. It doesn’t look odd at all. It looks like a mixed breed. It might look “odd” because it’s dead and was hit by a car… but it’s not some sort of creature.

Richard Head September 1, 2007 at 7:23 pm

I have to agree it has to be half man, half bear, and half pig=man-bear-pig. It must be a product of global warming! Ahhh, were all gonna die!

Caylee September 1, 2007 at 8:49 pm

i am 11 yrs old but BELIEVE ME that is a dog. i have seen MANY dogs that look like that. HECK ive seen one in a pet shop. ( still alive ) this person probaly gave this dog medicine and put it to sleep and let it sit there for a couple of weeks untill maggets and other crappy stuff comes. its simple and ANYBUTY can do that.

Um September 2, 2007 at 7:55 am

It looks like a fucking wolf drawn in a story board cause the face is so fucking wierd looking ii think cause in face its is short and wierd looking

nciky September 2, 2007 at 12:24 pm

guess what. its a chow.
btw.. imma try that sandwhich thing on bigfoot.. i wanna kick it with that dude. ill make a note to not play football with him though.

dylan September 2, 2007 at 1:28 pm

hey guys, got somethin for you.
dogs can be born deformed!
a genetic defect? how and why???
i lived in a little town in massachusetts and had neighbors that werent all there. 2 houses down, there was a family of 4 that had a pregnant dog that gave birth to 2 cute little puppies. :) one was normal, and the other…….hmmm. what do you get with a german sheppard with a great loss of fur, somewhat deformed teeth, deformed short snout and bizarre long legs???
and ohh yeah, i forgot to mention, the father was busted for having a meth lab in the basement.
i think the mother dog was exposed to chemicals causing a freak puppy to be born.
i was given the deformed puppy, hes full grown sitting next to me, and truly……scary as all heck to look at, but we love him to death, hes a gentle giant, weird personality though.

Shordain September 4, 2007 at 10:29 am

Damn Dog! thats a bad ass Dog!wish i had 1 like that

Anonymous September 5, 2007 at 9:27 am

How is this a mutant? It just looks like a normal dog to me.

Brooke September 8, 2007 at 10:10 am

I think it’s real I mean it has human teeth. I have never seen an animal other than a monkey with human teeth.You guys should see youtube. It has actual news casts about the chupacabra. and shows real live pics of the dead ones. Check It out!

Anonymous September 17, 2007 at 6:01 pm

It’s a dog people!!! I guess most of you all haven’t been around may. It looks to me like a chow mix. Chows usually look like that, with the exception of the tail. they have short snouts and legs. and if the DOG was only 40-50 pounds how did it kill a Rottie? It is not a wolf hybrid. they get huge and their legs are long. i work with dogs. I see dogs similar to this one almost every day.

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 9:07 am

looks like a friendly fella, not bad for being a pet, never know how he might turn out to be

rayan September 20, 2007 at 9:08 am

hmmm, i wonder how he died, rear being

Sarah September 25, 2007 at 11:32 pm

That’s a dog.

Sarah September 25, 2007 at 11:34 pm

An ugly dog.

eaglewind September 27, 2007 at 4:56 am

this creature is called a Burangi(shapeshifter)
it chose to take this form as it died so as not to create a problem for your people. because you do not beleive in power. it probably did maul those dogs
where there is one there are many warning

kerri October 4, 2007 at 2:12 am

hmm. it does look like a dog. something about it feels different though.

Anonymous October 4, 2007 at 2:20 pm

this is looks like a dog,but just in the body..in the face is something diferent

Anonymous October 5, 2007 at 5:18 pm

it’s a dog

Anonymous October 5, 2007 at 5:20 pm

its a dog stupid

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 6:02 am

Wel, this is sou terrable!!!and cool

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 6:09 am

….I don´t no…its a dog or a “monster”??? i see very photo about chupacabra and in the one are this photo and the other are a goat thin…Wel…what photo I beleve?
?

King Rex October 10, 2007 at 3:32 pm

That is a dog. Dude!!!!! What were you thinking It has to bea dog.

ASIJA October 21, 2007 at 6:44 pm

DUDE THAT’S A DOG

ASIJA October 21, 2007 at 6:44 pm

DUDE THAT’S A DOG

ASIJA October 21, 2007 at 6:44 pm

DUDE THAT’S A DOG

Gabrielle October 21, 2007 at 8:49 pm

looks like a dog to me a mongrel cross breed poor thing i dont think theres anything sinister about it

Gabrielle October 21, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Cody Cupp October 30, 2007 at 9:17 am

YOU LOSER. GET A LIFE! GO SUCK A CHALOPA

Shadow November 5, 2007 at 8:14 am

Hey, you all really dont see nothing strange in this “dog” ?!?!?! In Russia some years ago scientists make DOG-HUMAN hybrid’s! It was secretly mission and when government discover it, scientists scared that their mission will be publick and their (scientists) leave the laboratory. after some time hybrids are get out from the laboratory and run away (you must dont think that they wear really much, they was only several). In past year a women tell that she was in town and whait bus but suddenly she turn head and she saw running dog (from the back said) but when the dog turn head in bus stop side and she (women) was shock wat she see, dogs mug was not like normal dogs have but it was really like human face, ofcorse not like we all have but really similar becose it was short and nose was other. She think that she is crazy but when she loked at other people who saw that creature she understand that it was real.
P.S Im sorry for my writing mistakes, i m not American.

Shadow November 5, 2007 at 8:15 am

Look at this dog carefully!

ashlyn November 6, 2007 at 9:38 am

well i think it might be a chupacabra because its snout is too short to be considered a dog and its body is longer then a dogs body!!

Anonymous November 11, 2007 at 11:35 am

it looks like a chow, but the mouth look like a bulldog… nothing about that says wild to me…

Amor November 11, 2007 at 6:40 pm

Its definantly not a chow, but it is some form of mutanted/inbreed/hybrid dog
the body; far too long, the face; to short, the legs; stumpy and thin. its all out of proprtion.
Even the colour of the eyes, and the length of the coat points to inbreeding of a hybrid species.
And to call it a chupacabra? I think those who do, need a social life.

Victoria November 16, 2007 at 1:18 pm

This is definitely a dog…it is a mix breed but it is a dog…

chupacabra November 19, 2007 at 9:48 am

Interesting

Randi November 19, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Working at a Vet’s office i’ve seen some strange animals. This dog does not look big enough to take a rotweiller. It looks like a mix between a fox and a medium sized dog, maybe chow. That would give its short snout, furry tail and an awful howl as well its interesting appearance. As for the smell, if you’ve lived on the streets your whole life and eaten road kill and trash, you’d probably smell just as bad as this poor creature.

Anonymous November 20, 2007 at 2:30 am

“It looks like a mix between a fox and a medium sized dog”
Actually foxes and dogs can’t breed together. Look it up, I’ll assure you it can’t happen.

Rob in Maine November 20, 2007 at 5:58 am

The Story of the “The Maine Mutant” seems to have a longer life than the poor dead dog!
Here is the latest update, dated May ’07.

Anonymous November 20, 2007 at 7:24 am

So what happened to the Blog?

Moloch November 20, 2007 at 10:06 am

I ate it.

Adil November 24, 2007 at 5:34 am

It looks realy Strange, but to me it looks like a half bread between a Wolf and a Dog

Kiersten December 10, 2007 at 2:14 pm

I honestly think it is a chow rottweiler husky mix i mean look at it the black fur could be from a husky and a chow and the face looks like a combo of a chow and a rottweiler. i have a husky and she has features that look like this dog. Everyone thinks huskies are huge they’re not the average size is 50-80 lbs same with the chow. c’mon people you’re overreacting. And maybe it attacked those dogs for dominance. and even though my husky is 50 lbs she’s taken on some big dogs in the dog park before so relax people. There is a Chupacabra out there but this is not it.

sarah March 1, 2008 at 11:12 pm

I would love to classify this as a normal dog but look at the teeth. They’re human. I have foxes in the woods behind my house. This is NOT a fox way busher tail. the only reason this one is bushy is because the grass is holding it. The teeth freak me out. So does the chupacabra. If it had normal teeth i’d say it was a dog for sure but it does’nt. I used it have a chow mix and my sammy was not at all like this. And she was sick so i don’t belive this is a normal dog or a chupabra. Just my opinon thuogh.

U.N. OWN March 5, 2008 at 1:26 pm

its a frickin’ dog get over it u stupid retards!!

bill912 March 5, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Another genius who must have been looking in a mirror while posting.

Spitz March 12, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Solid black, purple gums/tongue, short face, lots of hair–it’s a chow mix. The teeth aren’t “human”–the mouth isn’t open all the way. The teeth are either partly covered by the lips or they were broken off by the impact (very common when dogs are hit by cars. I used to be a vet tech; I’ve seen plenty of HBC dogs with busted faces). The skull is probably crunched, too, so who knows what the face looked like before it got hit?

Lauren March 14, 2008 at 2:03 pm

I am a dog expert and this is definatly a dog. A puppy maybe, but definatly a dog.

david April 24, 2008 at 6:57 pm

Haven’t you heard of the things that attack cows and stuff? Look man. I read a book that i can’t remember the name of, but it said that chupacabras were probably Government projects gone WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY wrong. But hey, you know how there have been UFO sightings lately? Well i think it was probably an alien pet abandoned or left behind that started breeding here. Whatever. No one knows yet…

charlie appletoff May 2, 2008 at 2:10 pm

i have actually seen this thing it is really scary. I saw it running across the street when visiting my grandfather. And two days later i saw in the paper that it was dead. Pretty creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x sammy g x May 7, 2008 at 12:10 pm

who ever duckrock1 is shut the hell up and u should get a life cuz so what if there making fun of the dog it there problem not yours if you have a problem with it go and look on another website bye!
x sammy g x

T-pain May 28, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Yeah looks like a dog but it could maul dogs small or large look at wolfs they can kill horses it just takes a couple of them so you cant tell me it would not be able to maul dogs I mean Pitt-bulls aren’t large dogs but look at the damage they can do to other animals and humans I know first hand what those dogs can do.

Anonymous July 4, 2008 at 10:29 pm

its a dog…

Anonymous July 6, 2008 at 12:59 pm

it looks more like a fish than a chukwakka wakka ding dong

Anonymous July 11, 2008 at 1:23 pm

it’s just an ugly dog

kayla July 11, 2008 at 7:44 pm

To bad for the DOG it’s just a mixed wild DOG that look’s like it was hit by a car nothing more than that it does look like a chow mix but not with a wolf really you can’t tell do to the bad pictures another thing that makes it hard to tell is the fact it’s dead and look’s like it had been laying there for awhile

Wicked Moon July 16, 2008 at 12:35 am

dude you people i swear, look at its feet if it was a mix of a lab and newfoundland it would not have suck small feet both breeds are big dogs. and yes chow tongues are purple it is no myth. but i seriously dont think in any way possible that it is husky or wolf or fox or cat or some other rediculous species that you people to think possible to mix. it is a creature obviously not normal, but must we classify it as some sort of mutant. what do you think creatures like that thik of us as? huh? i think that eaglewind has a point. you people dont beleive in powers and therefore know nothing of the different creatures that inhabit the earth and other planes.
seriously…you people….

Anonymous August 1, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Idk, I mean it DOES look evil to me… and if u look at one articles, (don’t remember cite), A guy almost hit a dog loike that in his car and got pissed about it so he rolled the window down to yell at it and it had dissapeared. Also, when he was about to hit it, it casually looked up at him and stood still =(. it scares me….

fred August 12, 2008 at 11:44 am

It’s a fox / dog. I’ts not a dumb chupacabra. How many chupacabras are there anyways??? I’ts all a myth.

Jeff August 14, 2008 at 8:22 am

UMMMM, DNA analysis was done and its a dog

anonim September 11, 2008 at 8:02 am

This cow seems a dog!! Impossible!!! I can see the face of “Jesus” in his neck!! I´m relly afraid….

willa October 15, 2008 at 5:20 pm

i think it looks either like a dog mixed with some type of deer because the feet are certainly not normal dog paws, but the face looks like a dog, so it’s hard to say. but it seems to small to kill other dogs but if i saw that thing walking around at night i would probably freak out too!

coffee December 26, 2008 at 1:48 am

out of all the mythical, blood sucking creatures out there, the Chupacabra is almost certainly the sneakiest

Wild Mike January 2, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Its a dog my friends.

Crazy Lou January 2, 2009 at 3:05 pm

That Creature is not a chupacabra. Me and my friends are badass bikers and il tell you we see all kinds of crazy shit out on the road. We once saw a Zebra body with the head of a FISH. See something like that once or twice, that’ll spike your grits………..I Gotta Go

Cynder February 8, 2009 at 5:40 pm

i saw it on monsterquest… dogs dont have sabertoothed tiger fangs like this thing

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 1:46 pm